Tony Nash has been running internet businesses since 1996. He has owned a recruitment agency, a chat software business, an internet marketing consultancy and for the past 10 years, he has been the CEO of Booktopia. He started it on a $10 per day budget in 2004 and took 3 days to sell the first book. Now, Booktopia sells one book every 10 seconds, ships over 1,000,000 parcels via Australia Post every year and has had over 900,000 Australians buy from its store. In May 2014, they are getting the keys to their new Headquarters and Distribution Centre based in Homebush, Sydney with over 10,000 square metres of space.
Booktopia has just under 100 employees, has been ranked in the BRW Fast 100 companies for the past 5 years in a row. The only retailer to do that and only online business to do that. Booktopia is on track to make it a 6th year in a row. They have been a finalist in the Telstra Business Awards for the past 3 years, and in 2013, they were voted Australia’s Favourite Bookstore as voted by the Australian public in a competition conducted by the Australian Booksellers Association. Booktopia currently has revenues of $40 million per year and has had no external investment. All growth has come from selling more books. Booktopia now sells DVDs, eBooks, Audio Books and magazines.
- Short Bio:CEO & Co-Founder
- May 25, 2018, 14:25 Retail Global Gold Coast 2018
- May 25, 2018, 12:00 Retail Global Gold Coast 2018
- May 25, 2018, 11:15 Retail Global Gold Coast 2018
- May 26, 2017, 15:35 Retail Global Gold Coast 2017
- May 26, 2017, 14:25 Retail Global Gold Coast 2017
- May 26, 2017, 11:45 Retail Global Gold Coast 2017